Up’s Tears, Down’s Tears

I cried twice today.

Once from overwhelming sadness for my father’s grief at the loss of his mother, and once when my doctor called to say that I’m pregnant.

They were very different tears.

Yes, my official test came back positive. Any number over 100 is considered great. Mine was 241.

Let’s just hope whoever’s in there sticks around for a while.

Advertisements

About TG

My eggs don't work, so I manifested a baby via egg donation. Let's blog and see what happens.
This entry was posted in Donor Egg Fertility Treatments, Donor Egg Process and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Up’s Tears, Down’s Tears

1. Kharini says:

Congratulations! I’m happy for you and happy that your father will get good news to cheer him up. Hugs!

2. Stick around, little soul! It’s nice here, really, and you will be loved hugely.

3. Kimberly says:

Great beta! Congrats!

4. augusta19 says:

I’m so sorry for your and your family’s great loss. I hope your dad is doing ok.
    CONGRATS on the bfp. Nestle in, little one. Nestle in.

5. Kerry says:

That beta is a very encouraging sign…….I’m holding hope in my heart that the little one sticks around.

6. Lanie says:

I am so happy for you. I hope this baby does stick around and help the healing process for your family.
    My grandfather died the December before last, and right after Easter, I was able to call my grief stricken grandmother and tell her the news that I was going to have her first great grandbaby, and she was due on the day that my grandfather had passed a year later. I’d like to think he had something to do with choosing our special little miracle for us.

7. Steph Mignon says:

Congrats! I can totally empathize with how terrified AND excited you are right now! Grow baby grow!

8. Beldee says:

That’s wonderful!

9. Shelby says:

Congratulations on your beta! I’m wishing you continued good news!

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I can imagine this has been so hard on your Dad. Losing a parent is never easy regardless of age.

I found your blog from PVED and I am so glad I did. Your feelings on an ‘open’ (or semi-open) donor relationship perfectly echo my own. I have read a lot of your blog entries (thank you, insomnia) and being new to DE, it dawned on me that you’ve put into words what I am having a hard time articulating. Thank you and best wishes to you!

10. Mercury says:

I’m so excited for you! I hope this little baby can sense just how much s/he is wanted.