I took a home test this morning. It was negative.
Naturally I got pretty bummed out, but then I Google-stalked every woman who’s ever peed in the history of sticks, and I accumulated a 6-point plan of rationalization for why I should stay hopeful. It is:
- Testing 7 days after a 5 day transfer (7dp5dt) is still early
- I had just peed 5 hours before my test, which didn’t allow enough time to let the hCG hormone build up in my urine
- I drank 12 gallons of water last night, and my pee was way too diluted
- Turns out, I miscalculated, and I’m actually only 6dp5dt
- Apparently frozen embryos take longer to implant than fresh embryos, so my positive wouldn’t show up until after others’
- If you think about it, my transfer wasn’t until 1:30pm, which means that 7:30 this morning was actually still 5dp5dt, which really is too early, even when you aren’t searching through Google’s entire caché for flimsy evidence to support your mania
Speaking of mania, I have 3 more sticks to pee on. Stay tuned.